- To approach my work with families with a true desire to educate, support and see families succeed.
- I believe the woman's body is designed to support pregnancy and give birth safely and normally most of the time.
- When women are given the information they need and a supportive environment, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding can occur with
minimal to no interventions.
- Medical advancements and technologies are important tools when needed.
- I believe all women have the right to make informed decisions regarding their pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum period.
- I believe a woman's emotional support team is as important to her pregnancy, birth and postpartum experience as her healthcare team.
Research has shown that women accompanied by a complete support team during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum have better outcomes
and higher satisfaction with their experience.
I am a registered nurse with a true passion for helping expectant Moms and Dads on their journey to parenthood! In January 2013 I began my exciting adventure in this direction with the DONA Birth Doula Training course presented by Doulas Care.
I am a CAPPA certified Childbirth Educator servicing the Ann Arbor and surrounding areas, Certified Lactation Educator as well as an Infant Massage Instructor. I am the founder of Babybasics.me.
I am a mom to two amazing children who have enriched my life more than words can say. Through my own birth experiences, and from helping many women through labor and childbirth, I see the profound positive impact childbirth education and labor support can have on a family.
It is my hope to prepare families whom I teach, for the road that lies ahead. What an exceptionally important and exciting time this is for you – I feel truly privileged and honored to be a part of it.
RN, CCCE, CIMI
Baby Basics Childbirth Education © 2013
Cappa certified childbirth educator